Travel Money Professionals is the UK’s largest conference in retail foreign exchange, with an audience representing 90% of the UK travel money industry.
This essential event provides unique networking opportunities with a highly influential audience, showcases some of the best industry speakers and addresses the most important trends, changes and new technologies in the travel money industry.
The Travel Money Professionals conference programme is designed to offer the very latest information, insight and the opportunity for discussion on market trends and insights, the travel industry, emerging and advancing technologies, consumer behaviour and compliance/regulation.
The conference aims to shape the agenda by sharing best practice, case studies, research and thought leadership about relevant trends and issues impacting the travel money industry.
Travel Money Professionals 21 March 2019
08.15 Registration, exhibition and refreshments
THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY
09.00 Welcome and opening
Bjorn Larsson, Chief Executive, Essiell
09.05 Keynote: Simon Calder
Simon Calder is the UK’s leading travel commentator and senior travel editor of the Independent. He also writes for the Evening Standard, the i newspaper, Waitrose Weekend and is a regular guest on national TV and radio.
10.00 Consumer behaviour in a changing society
Andrew Buller, Key Account Director, Consumer Intelligence
10.20 The rapidly evolving role of cash – a global perspective
Richard Hird, Chief Commercial Officer, De La Rue
10.40 Refreshments and exhibition
THE DIGITAL LANDSCAPE
11.20 How to succeed with travel money in a cashless society
Beth Friberg, Chairwoman, Forex Bank AB
11.40 Travel money cards: Today and tomorrow
Emily Baum, Payments Consultant specialising in prepaid globally
12.00 Digital opportunities in changing markets
Ricky Lee, Founder/ Head of Product Design, Sync Money
12.20 Lunch and exhibition
13.20 Money laundering risk in the UK
Rachel Sexton, Partner and Head of Financial Services Forensic and Integrity Services, Ernst & Young
13.40 What you need to know about the fifth Anti-Money Laundering Directive
Polina Ievskaya, Head of Operational Risk and Financial Crime, MLRO Bank of Ireland UK
14.00 Speaker TBC
14.20 Refreshments and exhibition
15.00 Panel discussion: Compliance
Chaired by John Horan, Head of Compliance, Maze Investigations, Compliance & Training (MICT) Ltd.
15.45 Closing remarks
16.00 Conference closes
16.00-17.30 Drinks reception
- Position: Travel expert and writer
- Topic: TBC
- Position: Forex Bank AB
- Topic: How to succeed with travel money in a cashless society
- Position: Key Account Director
- Topic: Consumer behaviour in a changing society
MLRO Bank of Ireland UK
- Position: Head of Operational Risk and Financial Crime
- Topic: What you need to know about the fifth Anti Money Laundering Directive
De la Rue
- Position: Chief Commercial Officer
- Topic: The rapidly evolving role of cash - a global perspective
Ernst & Young
- Position: Partner and Head of Financial Services Forensic and Integrity Services
- Topic: Money laundering risk in the UK
- Position: Payments Consultant specialising in prepaid globally
- Topic: Travel money cards: Today and tomorrow
Situated in historic Westminster and home of the Institution of Civil Engineers, One Great George Street offers magnificent Edwardian architecture, glass domed ceilings and an impressive red carpeted entrance foyer.
Conference sessions will take place in the Telford Theatre featuring state of the art audio visual equipment, with the exhibition and catering located in the ornate surroundings of the Great Hall.
We are looking forward to welcoming delegates, both past and new, to this fantastic venue for another exciting event.
Please visit the venue’s website for further information.
Reasons to attend
• First class programme of leading industry experts
• Learn about the latest market trends
• Increase your knowledge and share best practice
• Build new connections through exclusive networking opportunities
• Discuss and debate with like-minded travel money professionals
• Leave feeling inspired, motivated and enthused